OnlyFans, you’ve probably heard about it before. On the platform, you can sell your nudes and sextapes for money. And these are not modest amounts. If you have many fans, you can earn as much as 10k in a month. What could go wrong? These are the pros and cons.
What is OnlyFans exactly?
On OnlyFans, you can post your sexy photo and video content. Your followers get to watch and pay for it, often as a monthly subscription to your channel. Although ‘all ages’ content can also be shared on it (for example from fitness instructors or YouTubers), it is primarily a platform for online sex work.
All kinds of people use OnlyFans: influencers, celebrities, porn stars, and people who just want to earn extra money by selling spicy content to their followers. And of course, you have to be over 18 to create an account!
What if: you don’t have a big online social media presence yet?
Most creators who start an OnlyFans are already pretty well-known or have a bunch of dedicated followers who want to subscribe to their account right away. This is of course the fastest way to actually earn money, but even small accounts can become successful if you put enough time and effort into it.
If you have good content, people will want to follow you. Often with OnlyFans users you see that they show their own style and image, which makes it very tempting to subscribe. It may take a bit longer, but you can easily promote your content via other social media outlets such as Twitter and create a name for yourself more quickly. So even if you start small, there is always the possibility to become bigger.
Why do it / not do it?
If you’re thinking about chasing an OnlyFans career, it’s a good idea to consider the pros and cons for yourself. Are you ready for that, and is this the right platform for you?
OnlyFans could be for you if:
- You are at least 18 years ol
- You don’t mind exposing yourself online (note: you don’t have to go completely naked if you’re not comfortable with that. You decide what you want to share and what you don’t!)
- You like to have intimate contact with your followers. OnlyFans creates a personal connection between the content creator and the subscribers, that way you can easily interact to each other and make requests
Starting an OnlyFans might not be for you if:
- You only do it under pressure of, for example, your partner or social media
- You’re not comfortable sharing explicit images or fear you might regret it later
- You know you’ll get in trouble if your content gets leaked
- You haven’t done proper research on exactly what OnlyFans is all about and what to expect. It’s important to educate yourself first and be aware of exactly how the platform works!
What are your thoughts on OnlyFans and would you ever consider starting one?